Pseudo think

Thursday, February 16, 2006

And I am happier than you are.

'Salutation' 
O generation of the thoroughly smug
and thoroughly uncomfortable,
I have seen fishermen picnicking in the sun,
I have seen them with untidy families,
I have seen their smiles full of teeth
and heard ungainly laughter.
And I am happier than you are,
And they were happier than I am;
And the fish swim in the lake
and do not even own clothing.
Ezra Pound



oblique references to .............

'The Sermon on the Mount'

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of
heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons
of God.

Anon

"[28]And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field,
how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. [29] And yet I say unto
you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
[30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and
tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of
little faith?"
-- The Bible, King James Version, the Gospel of Matthew, ch.6



I am still struggling to comprehend fully the meaning of this poem
but right now sp has to come higher on the priority list


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home